The online grant application for the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund is live on the Community Foundation of Central Georgia’s website. The Community Foundation of Central Georgia (CFCG) and United Way of Central Georgia (UWCG) announced the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund to provide funding to nonprofit organizations supporting people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the fund’s announcement on March 23rd, the Fund’s committee has granted about $400k to local nonprofits and church organizations. Now, the fund’s committee would like to receive applications from nonprofit and community organizations related to ongoing needs in the response and recovery of the community.
The average anticipated grant total in this grant cycle is $7,500 with a $15,000 max grant. In order to qualify, grant applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations or churches located in and serving at least one of the following 24 Georgia Counties: Baldwin, Bibb, Bleckley, Butts, Coffee, Crawford, Dodge, Hancock, Houston, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Laurens, Macon, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Spalding, Taylor, Twiggs, Upson, Washington, Wilkinson.
These grants will continue to be part of the ongoing process of grant awarding with the dollar amounts approved by the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund committee.
The deadline to apply for grants with this online application is Monday, May 18th at noon. New users on the grant application platform will have to register before applying for the grant. Applicants are strongly encouraged to register ASAP due an up to 24-hour delay on registration confirmation. To apply, click here.
Background information on the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund:
The fund began with commitments of $675,000 thanks in large part to a grant of $500,000 from The Peyton Anderson Foundation. In addition, CFCG, UWCG and The Griffith Foundation each contributed $50,000, and an anonymous donor contributed $25,000 to seed the fund. Since that time, generous grants have been made by the following:
• $725,000 from the Knight Foundation funds of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia
• $30,000 from the Wilbur and Hilda Glenn Family Foundation
• $15,000 from the Betty and Davis Fitzgerald Foundation
• $41,000 from generous fundholders at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia
• $11,000 from reallocations to the fund from company sponsors of United Way’s cancelled Annual Awards Luncheon
• $76,250 from individual contributions, including donations to the online COVID-19 fund donation website, telethon, and 478 Sings United
• $40,000 from Jeff Smith Automotive
• $10,000 from GEICO
• $10,000 from Wells Fargo
• $10,000 from Truist Foundation
To donate to the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund, please click here.
If you would like to contribute stock or other assets please contact Julia Wood at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia, (478) 750-9338.