United Way of Central Georgia’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement of Principle
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
We ask you to join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.
UWCG shares the values of United Way Worldwide. For UWCG:
- Diversity includes expressions of identity reflecting the realities, background, experiences, and perspectives of all individuals, such as the unique attributes such as race, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, education, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and beliefs.
- Equity ensures just treatment, advancement, and access to opportunities for a safe, healthy, and thriving life while identifying and working to eliminate barriers and power imbalances.
- Inclusion means creating an environment in which all are welcomed, respected, and able to fully participate and bring their authentic selves to work.
In order to build sustainable, inclusive, and resilient organizations and communities and an organizational culture where each employee and volunteer feels valued and supported, UWCG is committed to:
- Substantive learning, accountability for cultural competency, and formal, transparent policies,
- Acknowledging and eliminating any inequities within our policies and systems, and
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within our volunteer groups and staff.
We expect staff, volunteers, and collaborative and community partners to uphold these values as we work together to build a more equitable and inclusive community. Harassment, bullying, and discrimination will not be tolerated. We consider diversity, equity, and inclusion integral to our work, and at the heart of what it means to Live United.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Your payment and personal information is secured by Authourize.Net. Their Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts and tokenizes all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
We are grateful for your donation and support of our organization. Donations are normally nonrefundable but if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organization please contact us @ 478-745-4732.
Refunds are returned using the original method of Payment.
If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Thank you for your support! United Way Central Georgia is a Tax exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN: 58-0639811 thus making your contribution tax deductible.