United Way of Central Georgia is pleased to announce six new members to its Board of Trustees:
• Shane Buerster, Founder & CEO, Z Beans Coffee
• Mike Napier, President, TruckingExpert.com, Inc.
• Vicki Riehl, Retired, Brown & Williamson Tobacco Company
• Walon Smith, President, Hunt Miller Insurance Agency
• Brian Solheim, Plant Manager, Irving Tissue
• Lesli Underwood, Mercer University
“We are thrilled to add these six new talented and professional individuals to our growing board of directors,” said George McCanless, President & CEO of United Way of Central Georgia. “They all have a profound passion for United Way’s mission and our transformational work to enhance the lives of all residents here in Central Georgia. I am honored to work alongside them as board members.”
The major leadership roles of United Way of Central Georgia’s board of trustees include visioning, direction setting for the organization and ensuring results. The board represents United Way in the community, brings the public voice to the organization’s decision-making, and is charged with stewardship and accountability to maintain the trust of the community. United Way of Central Georgia is committed to disrupting the cycle of family poverty to create a stronger community where everyone has access to a quality education, a sustainable income, better health and stable housing—the building blocks for a good life.