Five local churches, the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank and the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund are partnering together for a massive food distribution effort this Saturday, May 2nd, 11 AM until the food is all distributed. Volunteers (practicing social distancing), primarily from the participating churches, will be distributing boxes of food to families in need to help combat the increased food insecurity issues during the COVID-19 crisis. Each of the five distribution locations will have about 500, 5-day supply boxes of food. The churches and distribution sites are listed below.
- Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church: 3 Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church, 268 Avondale Mill Road
- World Changers Church: World Changers Church, 630 Wimbish Road
- Community Church of God: Community Church of God, 5555 Bethesda Avenue
- The Healing Experience Ministries: Central High School, 2155 Napier Avenue
- A Kingdom Life; Shurlington Plaza, 1701 Shurling Drive
Volunteers are expected to distribute approximately 60,000 meals on Saturday. It’ll be the area’s largest ever one-day food distribution event, nearly doubling the April food giveaway at the Macon Centerplex.
On March 23rd the Community Foundation of Central Georgia (CFCG) and United Way of Central Georgia (UWCG) announced the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund to provide funding to nonprofit organizations supporting people affected by the pandemic. To donate to the Central Georgia COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund, please visit https://www.unitedwaycg.org/covid19donate.