As excited as we all are to welcome 2021, United Way of Central Georgia refuses to go back to “NORMAL”.
- 33% of students will likely fall behind in reading because of the shortened academic year of 2019/2020, and according to research, students who were already behind will see a drastic decline in his/her reading levels
- Nearly 20% of Central Georgians are food insecure (that means almost 100,000 Central Georgians do not know where their next meal will come from)
- 29.3 out of every 100,000 Georgia veterans take their life after being unable to connect with appropriate resources to transition to civilian life after years of military service
- Hardworking mothers and fathers in Central Georgia fight every day to break out of generational poverty
- 29% of Central Georgians live in poverty
Together, we must reimagine and rebuild our NEW NORMAL. Our new normal must be a vibrant Central Georgia that’s full of hope for a better tomorrow for every person no matter the zip code from which they were born. With your support, United Way has been a powerful force for positive change with proven results. Together, we are developing long-term solutions, creating life-changing partnerships and mobilizing volunteers - all to chart a path to recover from COVID-19 and beyond. We are helping students to achieve grade-level reading and improving high school graduation rates. We are connecting hardworking mothers and fathers with the resources they need to lift their families out of generational poverty. Together, we are working to build a promising future for ALL our neighbors.
As we ring in the new year, we are humbled and grateful for your support. We cannot do this important work without you. We truly are all in this together.