One way you combat the cycle of poverty is ensuring a sound education for all in your community. The United Way of Central Georgia commits itself to funding initiatives and partner agencies that contribute to students getting the best education possible. Contributors and volunteers in this region make it happen. Have a look at just one example:
These are some of the partner agencies that work on behalf of young people and support their achievement:
- Boy Scouts of America, Central Georgia Council
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Georgia, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Baldwin and Jones Counties, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Georgia Heartlands
- Cherished Children Education Centers
- Communities in Schools of Milledgeville, Baldwin County
- Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia, Inc.
- Rainbow House Children's Resource Center
Our own initiative aims directly at getting children to read at grade level by the 3rd grade. Click the icon to learn more about Read United.